Creating a Qualtrics account
This article includes instructions for creating a personal Qualtrics account and applies to all WSU students, faculty, and staff with valid WSU network credentials who are interested in using Qualtrics to create, launch, and manage online surveys. Note that faculty and staff must complete an additional step to obtain permission to distribute surveys.
Account Creation Steps
Step 1 (Everyone)
- Go to: https://WINONA.qualtrics.com Note: DO NOT go to www.qualtrics.com to make your account.
- Click on the Please click here to create an account link located under the field asking for your StarID email.
- Enter your StarID email address and a password. This does not need to be your WSU password, but it should be a strong password.
- Enter your name. Organization and phone number are optional.
- Select Sign Me Up
- You will receive an email message from Qualtrics requesting email address verification. Once you have completed this process, you will be able to login at https://winona.qualtrics.com using your StarID and the password you just created.
Step 2 (Faculty and Staff Only)
- By default all accounts are created with Student level permission which does not have the ability to distribute surveys, only create them. To get your account upgraded, email TLT at Qualtrics@winona.edu or call (507-457-5240 Option 3) and request your account get upgraded to allow you to distribute surveys.
If you have any trouble creating an account or logging into Qualtrics, please email Qualtrics@winona.edu or call TLT @ 507-457-2900.