Creating a Qualtrics account
This article includes instructions for creating a personal Qualtrics account and applies to all WSU students, faculty, and staff with valid WSU network credentials who are interested in using Qualtrics to create, launch, and manage online surveys. Note that faculty and staff must complete an additional step to obtain permission to distribute surveys.
Account Creation Steps
Step 1 (Everyone)
- Go to: https://winona.qualtrics.com
- Click on the Please click here to create an account link located under the field asking for your email/username.
- Enter your WSU email address and a password. This does not need to be your WSU password, but it should be a strong password.
- Enter your name. Organization and phone number are optional.
- Select Sign Me Up
- You will receive an email message from Qualtrics requesting email address verification. Once you have completed this process, you will be able to login at https://winona.qualtrics.com using your WSU username and the password you just created.
Step 2 (Faculty and Staff Only)
- Email TLT at email@example.com or call (507-457-5240 Option 3) to have your account upgraded to allow you to distribute surveys.
If you have any trouble creating an account or logging into Qualtrics, please contact the Technical Support Center at 507-457-5240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following articles cover basic information that all Qualtrics users should know.
- What's Qualtrics?
- Using Qualtrics responsibly
- Creating an account
- Changing your password
- Understanding account permissions
- Creating a basic survey
- Open-access versus invitation-only surveys
- Collaborating on surveys
- How to distribute a survey that a student has prepared
- Launching an open-access survey
- Launching an invitation-only survey
- Reviewing basic survey results
- Downloading survey results
- Deactivating a survey
Qualtrics University Videos
Qualtrics has an excellent site (see Qualtrics University here) dedicated to providing users a comprehensive package of resources from basic to advanced skills. Please go to this site to learn more or connect directly to the videos linked below to learn how to use this tool on your own.