E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition
|Love those tablets!|
What is the e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship Competition?
Aspen Capital, in partnership with Winona State University, provides the latest mobile devices and technology to Winona State students.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide scholarships for the 2015-2016 e-Warrior Aspen Capital e-Competition events. This year Aspen Capital has generously donated $20,000 enabling us to provide 20 students with a $1,000 scholarship for the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. These scholarships will be awarded through our e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition events.
Watch the video!
This Year's Theme
How I Use My WSU Tablet
We want you to show us how you use your WSU tablet - not just for school but for personal life and fun activities such as clubs, sports, leisure, etc.
2015-2016 e-Competition Details
This year we have four events in which students may participate. The winner(s) of each event will win a $1,000 e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship provided by Aspen Capital.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE
e-Competition events are open to all Winona State University students that are currently participating in the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. This includes full-time and part-time students.
How Are They Awarded?
- Individual $1,000.00 e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarships will be awarded.
- CLUBS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE.
- Along with individual scholarships we will also offer $1,000.00 scholarship money to clubs that participate and win. Guidelines will apply.
When Does the Competition Start and End?
- Start Date: October 1, 2015
- Entries must be in by: January 15, 2016
- Must be a WSU student that is participating in the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- Deadline: All entrees must be submitted by January 15, 2016.
- Only entries that are 100% original will be considered.
- All entries in the Photography, e-Flick and Jingle competition must be created/edited using your WSU tablet. Laptops may be used for the Laptop Skin Design competition.
- Only entries that follow exact guidelines will be considered.
- All entries must be created/edited on WSU devices (laptop, tablet)
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or software that is freely accessible by all.
- Up to two entries per event, per person may be submitted.
- One scholarship per person or club.
- Scholarships will be awarded for Spring 2016
- You will be required to attend a luncheon with your benefactor. Casual dress will be the attire.
- The e-Warrior Digital Photography and e-Warrior e-Flick events require you to create your entry on your tablet. The e-Warrior Laptop Cover Skin and e-Warrior Jingle entries can be created on either your tablet or your laptop but you must tell us which one you used.
- Tablet/laptop questions and software training available to all students at the e-Warrior Digital Learning Center in Somsen 207. Please email email@example.com to arrange for an appointment. Walk-in's accepted depending upon availability of staff.
You must use this form to submit your entries for these three events:
- e-Warrior Digital Photography: "How I Use My WSU Tablet!"
- e-Warrior Laptop Cover Skin Competition: "How I Use My WSU Tablet"
- e-Warrior Jingle Competition: "How I Use My WSU Tablet"
Do not forget to attach your entry!! Entries can be submitted at any time up until January 15th, 2016.
- CLUBS must submit the form above along with this form: Click here to fill out required club form.
Submission: e-Warrior e-Flick Competition Only
- All entrees must be submitted via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Email the link to your entry, your name(s) and Warrior ID(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a paragraph detailing the content of your entry.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
- Entries can be submitted at any time through January 15, 2016.
- All entries must be submitted by January 16th, 2016.
- Winners to be announced after Winter break.
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- The WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship Committee reserves the right to disregard entries that are not complete or are inappropriate.
If you have questions you can call:
- Charmaine Gorak, 507.457.2520
- TSC Phone Support, 507.457.5240