E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition
|Love those tablets!|
2014-2015 e-Competition Details
The e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition events are open to all Winona State University students that are currently participating in the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. This includes full-time and part-time students. This year we have three events in which students may participate. The winner(s) of each event will win a $1,000 e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship provided by Aspen Capital.
DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JANUARY 16TH, 2015!
e-Competition events are open to all Winona State University students that are currently participating in the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. This includes full-time and part-time students.
How Are They Awarded?
- Individual $1,000.00 e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarships will be awarded.
- CLUBS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE.
- Along with individual scholarships we will also offer $1,000.00 scholarship money to clubs that participate and win. Guidelines will apply.
This Year's Theme
How I Use My WSU Tablet
WSU Students: Show how you use your WSU tablet (Apple iPad or Samsung). Make a video (eFlick), take a photo or design a laptop cover!
When Does the Event Start and End?
- Start Date: Monday, September 15th, 2014
- Entries must be in by: January 16th, 2015
- e-Warrior Digital Photography Competition
- e-Warrior Laptop Cover Skin Design Competition
- e-Warrior e-Flick/Jingle Competition
The photography, video or audio events require you to create your entry on your tablet. The Laptop Cover Skin can be created on either your tablet or your laptop but you must tell us which one you used.
Tablet/laptop questions and software training available to all students at the e-Warrior Digital Learning Center in Somsen 207. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an appointment. Walk-in's accepted depending upon availability of staff.
You must use this form to submit your entries for these two events:
- e-Warrior Digital Photography: "How I Use My WSU Tablet!"
- e-Warrior Laptop Cover Skin Competition: "How I Use My WSU Tablet"
Do not forget to attach your entry!! Entries can be submitted at any time up until January 1st, 2014.
- CLUBS must submit the form above along with this form: Click here to fill out required club form.
Submission: e-Warrior e-Flick Competition Only
- All entrees must be submitted via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Email the link to your entry, your name(s) and Warrior ID(s) to email@example.com. Please include a paragraph detailing the content of your entry.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
- Entries can be submitted at any time through December 31st, 2014.
- Must be full time WSU student (12 credits or more) and be part of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- Deadline: All entrees must be submitted by January 1st, 2013.
- Only entries that are 100% original will be considered.
- All entries must be created/edited using your WSU tablet.
- Only entries that follow exact guidelines will be considered.
- All entries must be created/edited on WSU devices (laptop, tablet)
- If you would like to use a tablet and do not have one you may check one out at the Technical Support Center.
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or software that is freely accessible by all.
- Up to two entries per event, per person may be submitted.
- One scholarship per person or club.
- All entries must be submitted by January 16th, 2015.
- Winners to be announced after Winter break.
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- The WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship Committee reserves the right to disregard entries that are not complete or are inappropriate.
If you have questions you can call:
- Charmaine Gorak, 507.457.2520
- TSC Phone Support, 507.457.5240