E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition/e-Warrior Digital Photography Competition
Aspen Capital Company has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their programs have helped to insure that every WSU student has access to state-of-the-art technology, to include comprehensive service and support, accidental damage protection, and periodic upgrades.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen is pleased to provide one $1000 (one thousand dollar) scholarship to the WSU student that wins the 2013-2014 e-Warrior Digital Photography Competition.
About the Event
Calling all WSU student photographers! Show off your talents and win a $1,000 e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship! Creativity and imagination aided by the use of the camera and software on your WSU tablet. Students may submit up to two entrees. All entrees are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
NOTE: All entries must be created/edited on either your WSU laptop or tablet device. Students that do not have a tablet may check one out at the Front Desk in Somsen 207. You may, however, use a camera in place of the tablets to actually take the picture but all editing must be done on either your laptop or tablet.
One (1) Aspen Capital e-Warrior Scholarship will be awarded for this competition.
This Year's Theme
How I Use My WSU Tablet
- [hashtag] AppWinonaState
WSU Students: Show how you use your WSU tablet (Apple iPad or Samsung).
Submit photos taken with/edited with your WSU tablet!
- Theme must focus on WSU students using WSU tablets.
Simply capture a still photo and submit it as a .jpg or .png by January 1st. You entry needs to be created with/edited with the camera and software on your WSU tablet..... feel free to edit away!
- All entries must be submitted by January 1, 2014.
- Winners to be announced after semester break.
- You must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) and be a part of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon on a date to be announced, to meet with your benefactor (casual attire).
- Format: *.jpg or *.png format
- Subject: [hastag] AppWinonaState .... Using your WSU tablet
- Size: Needs to be 8 x 10, 300 dpi
- Can use Photoshop/design software to enhance
- Must use WSU supported software or software that is freely accessible by all
- Can use tablet camera, personal camera or borrow one from Somsen Front Desk
- Entry must be edited on WSU laptop or tablet
- Photos judged on the following:
- Creativity-30 points
- Visual Appeal-30 points
- Represents WSU-30 points
- Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- How it captures the WSU theme – 30%
- Creativity – 30%
- Photographic quality – 40%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
You must use this form to submit your entry.
Helpful Software Suggestions
- e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- e-Warrior e-Flick Competition
- Laptop Cover Skin Competition