E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition/e-Warrior Jingle Competition
Aspen Capital Company has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their programs have helped to insure that every WSU student has access to state-of-the-art technology, to include comprehensive service and support, accidental damage protection, and periodic upgrades.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide two (2) $1000 (one thousand dollar) scholarships for the 2012-2013 e-Warrior e-Jingle Competition event. This means that if you have a team of two students you would each get a $1,000.00 scholarship.
About the Event
According to one source, the first radio jingle was created in 1926 for Wheaties and ever since has been a huge part of radio programming and radio & TV advertisements! Everyone has at least one idea for a great jingle and we want to hear what WSU students can create! Singing, limericks, talking, music, effects … all can be used to show off your creativity.
Students may submit up to two entries. All entries are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
NOTE: All entries must be created/edited on either your WSU laptop or tablet device. Students that do not have a tablet may check one out at the Front Desk in Somsen 207.
Up to two (2) Aspen Capital e-Warrior Scholarships will be awarded for this competition to one team.
- How I Use My WSU Tablet
You entry should talk/sing how you integrate your WSU tablet into your WSU life. Not just school, but clubs, sports, extracurricular, dorms, anything WSU! We want you to show how your digital life is intertwined with your experience at WSU.
- All entries must be submitted by December 31, 2014.
- Winners to be announced after semester break.
- You must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) and be a part of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon on a date to be announced, to meet with your benefactor (casual attire).
- Format: MP3
- Subject: WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Technology: Entry must be created and edited on WSU laptop or tablet
- Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
You must use this form to submit your entry. Please do not forget to attach your file.
If you checkout Google and YouTube you will find helpful info on creating radio jingles. Here are a few:
- Amateur Creation of Radio Jingle for Go Video (YouTube)
- How to Create a Radio Jingle
- How to Make Your Voice Sound Better in Audacity (YouTube)
- Some Radio Jingles and Logos
- Memorable Jingles From the 50's and 60's
- E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- Digital Photography Competition
- e-Warrior e-Flick Competition
- Laptop Cover Skin Competition