E-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship/eScholarship Jingle Competition
|Our Digital Humanity|
Aspen Capital, in partnership with Winona State University, provides the latest mobile devices and technology to Winona State students.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide scholarships for the 2016-2017 e-Warrior Aspen Capital e-Competition events. This year Aspen Capital has generously donated $20,000 enabling us to provide 20 students with a $1,000 scholarship for the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. These scholarships will be awarded through our e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship eScholarship events.
This Year's Theme
Our Digital Humanity: How has technology changed the way you learn, play, live, create or work?
We want you to show us how technology has changed the way your world works.
About the Event
According to one source, the first radio jingle was created in 1926 for Wheaties and ever since has been a huge part of radio programming and radio & TV advertisements! Everyone has at least one idea for a great jingle and we want to hear what WSU students can create! Singing, limericks, talking, music, effects … all can be used to show off your creativity.
NOTE: All entries must be created/edited on either your WSU laptop or tablet device. Students that do not have a tablet may check one out at the Front Desk in Somsen 207.
Up to two (2) Aspen Capital e-Warrior Scholarships will be awarded for this competition to one team.
- For full details go to E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition
Please take the time to listen to entries from last year. You will find them below under "Past Events".
- How technology has changed the way you learn, play, live, create or work
We want you to tell us how technology has changed the way the world works for you.
- Format: MP3
- Subject: WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Technology: Entry must be created and edited on WSU laptop or tablet
- Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
You must use this form to submit your entry. Please do not forget to attach your file.
If you checkout Google and YouTube you will find helpful info on creating radio jingles. Here are a few:
- Amateur Creation of Radio Jingle for Go Video (YouTube)
- How to Create a Radio Jingle
- How to Make Your Voice Sound Better in Audacity (YouTube)
- Some Radio Jingles and Logos
- Memorable Jingles From the 50's and 60's
- E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- Digital Photography Competition
- e-Warrior e-Flick Competition
- Laptop Cover Skin Competition