E-Warrior Aspen Captial Scholarship e-Competition/e-Warrior Laptop Cover Skin Design Competition
Aspen Capital has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their programs have helped to insure that every WSU student has access to state-of-the-art technology, to include comprehensive service and support, accidental damage protection, and periodic upgrades.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide one $1000 (one thousand dollar) scholarship to a WSU student with the best design for a WSU laptop skin (cover).
About the 2013-2014 Competition
One (1) $1000 e-Warrior Aspen Scholarship will be awarded to the winner of our "Laptop Cover Design" competition. Design a laptop cover that we may use in the future. The covers we use for the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program are removable vinyl “skins” for protecting and customizing the laptops. Use your creativity to design the cover that we can use in the future. You can use an original, customized photograph or design your own in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, or InDesign. You must, however, follow certain criterion which is explained in full on below under "Details".
NOTE: All entries must be created/edited on either your WSU laptop or tablet device. Students that do not have a tablet may check one out at the Front Desk in Somsen 207.
One Aspen Capital e-Warrior Scholarship will be awarded for this competition.
Cover Skin Theme
How Do YOU WSU? This is MY WSU!
Your entry should show how you integrate your devices (tablets and laptops) into your WSU life. Not just school, but clubs, sports, extracurricular, dorms, anything WSU! We want you to show how your digital life is intertwined with your experience at WSU.
About Skin Covers
- A laptop skin is a precision-cut vinyl adhesive material, usually with some design, photograph, or other image, designed for application to the outside of a laptop, usually on the back of the LCD screen.
- Laptop With Cover:
- Skin-it cover background information: For more information about skin-it covers see http://www.skinit.com/.
- You must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) and be a part of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon on a date to be announced, to meet with your benefactor (casual attire).
- Design a skin cover for a laptop computer in a JPG format - size 13”x9”.
- The following criteria must be met:
- Entry must be created/edited on WSU laptop or tablet
- The Official WSU logo or wordmark must be used on the design and the logo must be 1”x1” or larger (images are provided below - see Image Gallery and Color Information).
- If using the color purple, the design must use the official WSU color (see Image Gallery and Color Information below).
- All or part of the submitted entry may be used for the Skin-it cover purchased for the e-Warrior: Digital Life and Learning Program.
- All or part of the submitted entry may be published or made available to the general public. Names of persons that receive the laptop scholarship may also be publicized or made public.
- The WSU Selection Committee reserves the right to disregard entries that are not entered according to guidelines or considered inappropriate. Please take the time to check to be sure that your entry is submitted in the correct format.
- Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- Creativity-40 points
- Visual Appeal-30 points
- Represents WSU-30 points
- Peggy Tomcheck, President/CEO of Aspen Capital
- Sophia Szabo, Aspen Capital
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
You must use this form to submit your entry. Remember to attach your file!
- All entries must be submitted by January 1, 2014.
- Winners to be announced after semester break.
Questions about this scholarship or file formatting and design
Image Gallery and Color Information
- WSU Purple = RGB r:102 g:0 b:161
- E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- Digital Photography Competition
- Jingle Competition (Radio Commercial
- e-Warrior e-Flick Competition