E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition/e-Warrior e-Flick Competition
Aspen Capital Company has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their programs have helped to insure that every WSU student has access to state-of-the-art technology, to include comprehensive service and support, accidental damage protection, and periodic upgrades.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide three (3) $1000 (one thousand dollar) scholarships for the 2012-2013 e-Warrior e-Jingle Competition event. This means that if you have a team of three students you would each get a $1,000.00 scholarship.
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to produce your own TV commercials? Here's your chance. The e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning program is sponsoring a commercial competition where you have a chance to win a $1,000 e-Warrior scholarship. Create a 30 or 60-second TV commercial using images, video footage, music, and effects that informs an audience about the benefits of the e-Warrior Program.
Students may submit up to two entries. All entrees are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
There are up to three (3) Aspen Capital e-Warrior Scholarships to be awarded for this competition to one team. (On a winning team of three or less students EACH student would get a $1,000.00 e-Warrior scholarship.)
- All entries must be submitted by January 1, 2013.
- Winners to be announced after semester break.
- You must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) and be a part of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon on a date to be announced, to meet with your benefactor (casual attire).
- Format: Video DVD
- Subject: e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Video Ad (commercial)– "The Best of WSU e-Warrior Digital Life & Learning Program"
- Video must visually represent the e-Warrior DLLP and be something we would be proud to air online
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Absolutely no swearing or vulgarity
- Can use your own video camera or get one from Somsen 207 Front Desk
- Video must visually represent the e-Warrior DLLP
- All entrees must be submitted on a Video DVD
- Bring completed Video DVD to Somsen 207 Front Desk
- Fill out the form which is at the Front Desk
- Put form and DVD into an envelope that will be supplied for you
- Make sure you have your name and Warrior ID on the DVD
- Print your name and Warrior ID on the white label on the envelope
- Give envelope to Front Desk STAR
- If you wish to fill out the form ahead of time you can download it here.
- Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- Make sure you fill out the form completely or your submission may not be considered.
If you checkout Google and YouTube you will find helpful info for creating your 30 - 60 second video ad. Here are a few: