E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition/e-Warrior e-Flick Competition
Aspen Capital Company has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their programs have helped to insure that every WSU student has access to state-of-the-art technology, to include comprehensive service and support, accidental damage protection, and periodic upgrades.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide four (4) $1000 (one thousand dollar) scholarships for the 2014-2015 e-Warrior e-Flick Competition event. This means that if you have a team of one, two, three or four students you would each get a $1,000.00 scholarship.
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to produce your own TV commercials? Here's your chance. The e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning program is sponsoring a commercial competition where you have a chance to win a $1,000 e-Warrior scholarship. Create a 30 or 60-second TV commercial using images, video footage, music, and effects.
- Students may submit up to two entries. All entrees are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
- There are up to FOUR (4) Aspen Capital e-Warrior Scholarships to be awarded for this competition to one team. (On a winning team of four or less students EACH student would get a $1,000.00 e-Warrior scholarship.)
NOTE: You must use the video camera on your WSU tablet.
This Year's Theme
How I Use My WSU Tablet
- [hashtag] AppWinonaState
WSU Students: Show how you use your WSU tablet (Apple iPad or Samsung).
Submit a video taken with/edited with your WSU tablet! Theme should focus on WSU students using WSU tablets.
When Does the Event Start and End?
- Start Date: Monday, September 15th, 2014
- Entries must be in by: January 1st, 2015
- You must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) and be a part of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon on a date to be announced, to meet with your benefactor (casual attire).
- Subject: [hastag] AppWinonaState .... Using your WSU tablet
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Please - nothing "dark". Absolutely no swearing or vulgarity
- Must use the video camera on your WSU tablet
- Entry must be edited on WSU tablet
- All entrees must be submitted via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Email the link to your entree, your name(s) and Warrior ID(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a paragraph detailing the content of your entry.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
- Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- Make sure you fill out the form completely or your submission may not be considered.
If you checkout Google and YouTube you will find helpful info for creating your 30 - 60 second video ad. Here are a few:
- e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- Digital Photography Competition
- Jingle Competition (Radio Commercial