E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition/e-Warrior e-Flick Competition
|Love those tablets!|
Aspen Capital, in partnership with Winona State University, provides the latest mobile devices and technology to Winona State students.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide scholarships for the 2015-2016 e-Warrior Aspen Capital e-Competition events. This year Aspen Capital has generously donated $20,000 enabling us to provide 20 students with a $1,000 scholarship for the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. These scholarships will be awarded through our e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition events.
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to produce your own video/commercial? Here's your chance. This event gives you and your friends a chance to create a video and win a $1,000 e-Warrior scholarship. Create a 30 or 60-second TV commercial showing us "How You Use Your WSU Tablet".
- Students may submit up to two entries. All entrees are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
- If you work as a team and win each of you would receive a scholarship - up to four on a team.
IMPORTANT: You must use the video camera on your WSU tablet.
- For full details go to E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition
Please take the time to view entries from other years. You will find them below under "Past Events".
This Year's Theme
How I Use My WSU Tablet
- WSU Students: You entry should be about how you integrate your WSU tablet into your WSU life. Not just school, but clubs, sports, extracurricular, dorms, anything WSU!
- We want you to show how your digital life is intertwined with your experience at WSU.
- Subject: [hastag] AppWinonaState .... Using your WSU tablet
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Please - nothing "dark". Absolutely no swearing or vulgarity
- Must use the video camera on your WSU tablet
- Entry must be edited on WSU tablet
- All video entrees must be submitted via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Email the link to your entree, your name(s) and Warrior ID(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a paragraph detailing the content of your entry.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
- Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- Make sure you fill out the form completely or your submission may not be considered.
If you check out Google and YouTube you will find helpful info for creating your 30 - 60 second video ad. Here are a few:
- e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- Digital Photography Competition
- e-Warrior Jingle Competition