E-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition/e-Warrior e-Flick Competition
Aspen Capital Company has financed the WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program since 2000. Their programs have helped to insure that every WSU student has access to state-of-the-art technology, to include comprehensive service and support, accidental damage protection, and periodic upgrades.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide four (4) $1000 (one thousand dollar) scholarships for the 2013-2014 e-Warrior e-Flick Competition event. This means that if you have a team of one, two, three or four students you would each get a $1,000.00 scholarship.
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to produce your own TV commercials? Here's your chance. The e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning program is sponsoring a commercial competition where you have a chance to win a $1,000 e-Warrior scholarship. Create a 30 or 60-second TV commercial using images, video footage, music, and effects.
- Students may submit up to two entries. All entrees are entered into competition under a Creative Commons License. If you do not know what this is please be sure to read about it before you enter.
- There are up to FOUR (4) Aspen Capital e-Warrior Scholarships to be awarded for this competition to one team. (On a winning team of four or less students EACH student would get a $1,000.00 e-Warrior scholarship.)
NOTE: Video cameras are available for check out at the Front Desk in Somsen 207. All entries must be edited on either your WSU laptop or tablet device. Students that do not have a tablet may check one out at the Front Desk in Somsen 207.
How Do YOU WSU? This is MY WSU!
Your entry should show how you integrate your devices (tablets and laptops) into your WSU life. Not just school, but clubs, sports, extracurricular, dorms, anything WSU! We want you to show how your digital life is intertwined with your experience at WSU.
- All entries must be submitted by January 1, 2014.
- Winners to be announced after semester break.
- You must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) and be a part of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- You will be required to attend a luncheon on a date to be announced, to meet with your benefactor (casual attire).
- Subject: e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Video Ad (commercial)– "How do YOU WSU? This is MY WSU!"
- Video must visually represent the e-Warrior Digital Life & Learning Program and be something we would be proud to air online
- Length: Must be either 30 seconds or 60 seconds
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or freeware
- Please - nothing "dark". Absolutely no swearing or vulgarity
- Can use tablet video, your own video camera or get one from Somsen 207 Front Desk
- Entry must be edited on WSU laptop or tablet
- Video must visually represent the e-Warrior Digital Life & Learning Program
- All entrees must be submitted via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Email the link to your entree, your name(s) and Warrior ID(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a paragraph detailing the content of your entry.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
- Selection of scholarship recipient will be based on the following:
- Use of the e-Warrior theme – 20%
- Overall impact (inspiring, persuasive, informational) – 20%
- Creativity – 20%
- Memorable content and delivery – 20%
- Clear message – 20%
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- Make sure you fill out the form completely or your submission may not be considered.
If you checkout Google and YouTube you will find helpful info for creating your 30 - 60 second video ad. Here are a few:
- e-Warrior Aspen Capital Scholarship e-Competition Main Page
- e-Competition Q & A
- Digital Photography Competition
- Jingle Competition (Radio Commercial