Microsoft Live Services/Create and Reset Your Live ID Password
Why do Winona State students need a Microsoft Live password?
Winona State students will need to setup their Microsoft Live password for these reasons:
- To setup WSU email on mobile devices.
- WSU graduates will need it to get their WSU email after graduation.
- You will use your Winona State user ID and password when you log in from the WSU homepage or go to http://sky.winona.edu.
- If you log in through Live.com use your WSU username and your Microsoft Live ID password. You may setup this password to be the same as your WSU password but, if you do, you must remember to change it when you change your WSU password.
Setting Up Your Live Password
First - You Must Setup an Alternate Email Address to Microsoft Live Services
Second - Create Your Live ID Password
Watch the Movie
- In your browser type in "sky.winona.edu".
- Click on the Accounts icon
How to Create Your Microsoft Live ID Password
Once you are in the Account Overview click on "Change" across from Password.
- Under "Old password" click on "Forgot your password?"
- Click on "I forgot my password" and then "Reset your password".
- Fill in your Windows Live ID (email@example.com)
- Fill in the 6 characters you see in the picture.
- Click on "Next"
- Click on "Email me a reset link" and then "Next".
- You will see that a reset link has been mailed to you.
- Check your WSU email for a message
- You will receive an email from the Windows Live Team
- In the email message, click on the link under "If you requested this password reset, go here:"
- The link will take you to a page that will allow you to reset (create) your password.
- Type in a new password and then retype the new password again.
- Putting a check mark in "Make my password expire every 72 days" is optional.
NOTE: You can make this password the same one that you use to login to the WSU network if you wish. If you do this you must remember to also change it here when you are requested to change it on the WSU network.
- You will get a screen that confirms you have changed your password. Click Okay at the bottom.