Setting Up Microsoft Outlook - WSU HP Elitebook 8460w, 8440p, and 2740p Tablet
- Before you can use the Outlook application you MUST have your Outlook Live ID password setup. Once this is done you can go on the the next section.
Changing Your Existing Outlook Settings
If you have previously had Outlook setup on your existing machine and need to edit it with Microsoft Live settings you will have to Delete and Recreate Your Outlook Profile first. Once this is done you can go on to the next section.
1. If you have never configured Outlook on your current PC, just open Outlook. Click Next when you reach the first screen.
- If you have configured Outlook before, but just deleted your previous configuration, your new Outlook profile will automatically begin to set-up and you should be at a screen asking for your email. You can skip to step 3.
2. Click Next again if Yes is selected on the screen asking to configure an account.
3. Make sure email account is selected, type in your email address (make sure you use @winona.edu) and click next.
- If it asks you to configure settings, click allow.
4. Outlook may then ask for your password up to four times (each time the window pops up). Type in your Microsoft Live Services password. Unless that password is the same as your WSU password, your WSU password will not work.
5. Click finish when the set-up finishes.
6. When Outlook itself sets up and starts to open, it may ask for your information. Type in email@example.com, then your Microsoft Live ID password.
7. Your Outlook will then run its usual set-up processes and should be working appropriately.