VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. Using the Cisco VPN client software, you can connect a WSU laptop to the WSU network from off campus. This software is already installed on all WSU laptops. A VPN connection enables you to access select network resources as if you were on campus connected to our network directly. This includes:
- Network storage drives (e.g., personal, class, departmental)
- KeyServer applications (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat)
To Find the VPN Client on Your WSU Laptop
On PC (Windows 8.1)
- From the START screen type in VPN (anywhere on the screen)
- SEARCH will appear on the right hand side of your screen. Choose "Cisco VPN Client".
- Click on "Connect" and enter your WSU credentials to connect to VPN.
On PC (Windows 7)
If you go to your Start Menu, and search "Cisco" in the search bar, it should be the first search result.
- On Mac, if you go to Spotlight (in the upper right corner), and search "Cisco", it should be the first search result under Applications.