WSU Technology Knowledge Base
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
|Search our growing collection of helpful articles about campus technology. Can't find what you need? Email us and we will add it. We welcome student, faculty, and staff contributions to this site. If you are interested in contributing, let us know. Please enjoy your stay!
WSU Knowledge Base Wiki User Guide
Student's Top Questions
Tip of the Month: Microsoft SkyDrive for Students
Microsoft SkyDrive is a password-protected hard drive out in the cloud. You can use it to store thousands of files and can get to them anytime you’re online and can access them from virtually any device.
- Get 7 GB of free online storage.
- Store, access, and share thousands of documents, photos, and Microsoft Office files
- Access files from anywhere online & view photos from most web-enabled mobile phones anywhere you have Internet access
- Control who sees what with password protection
- Save to the folder or Drag and Drop: Uploading content is as easy as saving directly or dragging and dropping the files to the SkyDrive folder.
- Working on a project with classmates? With shared folders, the whole team can upload, download, and collaborate on documents and other files
Featured Tool: Adobe Fireworks
Adobe Fireworks is a graphic design tool that really focuses on the preparation of images for use on the Web. Less complex than Adobe Photoshop, it is a great tool for developing Web-ready graphics quickly. It can also be very helpful for developing Web pages and interactive Web content. You can:
- Rapidly prototype web pages
- Create and optimize interactive images (e.g., image maps, rollovers) for the web quickly and accurately
- Export a clickable prototype of a page as an interactive PDF file, so you can easily collect comments from reviewers and demo your designs
Geek Speak 101: VPN
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. Using the Cisco VPN client software, you can connect a WSU laptop or home computer to the WSU network from off campus. This software is already installed on all WSU laptops. You can install it on a personally-owned computer yourself. A VPN connection enables you to access select network resources as if you were on campus connected to our network directly. This includes:
|From the full article: VPN
Knowledge Base News
- Welcome to the new and improved Technology Knowledge Base at learn.winona.edu
! After a year of pilot testing the MediaWiki tool, we established a production version of the knowledge base over the semester break and just finished moving all of our content from the testing site to this new, permanent site. We are still cleaning up a few things, but the new knowledge base is now open for business. Please email
to let us know what you think.