Activate your LinkedIn Learning account
Before you can use LinkedIn Learning, you must activate your LinkedIn Learning account by signing in for the first time using your Winona State University credentials. As part of this activation process, you will need to decide whether to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your LinkedIn account and select some topics of interest.
Step 1. Sign in
- Use your favorite web browser to go to the LinkedIn Learning homepage at https://www.linkedin.com/learning
- Select the Sign In button at the top of the page (Fig 1)
- Enter your Winona State email address (Fig 1) and select Continue. Enter the version of your address with your name in it, not your StarID (e.g., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select Sign in with Single Sign-On (Fig 3).
- Enter the version of your username with your StarID in it (e.g., email@example.com
Step 2. Decide whether to connect your LinkedIn account
- You will be asked whether you want to connect your personal LinkedIn account, if you have one, to your WSU LinkedIn Learning account. (Fig 4 and 5) You do not need a personal LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning and you do not need to connect the two. LinkedIn is a popular online resume and professional networking service and connecting the two services has some advantages. You can always decide to do it later and the two can be disconnected later. Please note that, if you connect the two, you will use your "personal LinkedIn" username and password to log into your "LinkedIn Learning" account from that point forward.
Step 3: Select topics that interest you
- You will be asked to select topics/skills of Interest to you (select 3 to start with). Your choices will help LinkedIn Learning populate your homepage with recommended courses. After selecting some topics, you will continue to your LinkedIn Learning homepage.
Troubles Logging into LinkedIn Learning?
- If you are having troubles logging into your LinkedIn Learning account you can contact TLT@winona.edu, 507-457-2900.
- If you are going to school at more than one MinnState school, and are having problem setting up your account. Try using an "incognito" browser window to setup your WSU account.
- You can also try closing all windows that you used to connect to LinkedIn Learning and open a new browser window. In the URL bar (not search bar), type: https://linkedin.com/learning
This will give you a fresh LinkedIn Learning page. Use the Sign In button at the top of the page. Sign in with your WSU email address and then select Single Sign In and sign in with Starid@go.minnstate.edu.
- If you have created a free LinkedIn Learning account to use, then Sign Out of that session and Sign In to start the directions to create your account using the steps listed above. This will get your account activated with WSU's license using your Single Sign On.
Using LinkedIn Learning on mobile devices
Mobile apps are available for both iOS and Android devices. To download the app, open the app store on your device and search for LinkedIn Learning. Here are the description pages for each: