Activating your LinkedIn Learning account
About this article
This article includes instructions for signing into WSU's LinkedIn Learning service for the first time, which activates your LinkedIn Learning account and imports any usage data stored on the previous version, lynda.com. It is intended for all WSU students and employees.
How to activate your LinkedIn Learning account
Step 1: Login
The first time you sign into your WSU LinkedIn Learning account, it will activate that account and if you had an account with lynda.com it will pull over any saved information from that account.
Follow the steps below to log into LinkedIn Learning for the first time:
- Use your favorite web browser to go to the LinkedIn Learning homepage at https://www.linkedin.com/learning
- Select the Sign In button at the top of the page (Fig 1)
- On the first login screen, use your Winona State email address, i.e, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Fig 2)
- On the next screen, select Sign in with Single Sign-On (Fig 3).
- You will be asked whether you want to connect your personal LinkedIn account, if you have one, to your WSU LinkedIn Learning account. (Fig 4 and 5) You do not need a personal LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning and you do not need to connect the two. LinkedIn is a popular online resume and professional networking service and connecting the two services has some advantages. You can always decide to do it later and the two can be disconnected later. Please note that, if you connect the two, you will use your "personal LinkedIn" username and password to log into your "LinkedIn Learning" account from that point forward.
Step 3: Select topics that interest you
- You will be asked to select topics/skills of Interest to you (select 3 to start with). Your choices will help LinkedIn Learning populate your homepage with recommended courses. After selecting some topics, you will continue to your LinkedIn Learning homepage.
Troubles Logging into LinkedIn Learning?
If you are having troubles logging into your LinkedIn Learning account you can contact TLT@winona.edu, 507-457-2900.
You can also try closing all windows that you used to connect to LinkedIn Learning and open a new browser window. In the URL bar (not search bar), type: https://linkedin.com/learning This will give you a fresh LinkedIn Learning page. Use the Sign In button at the top of the page. Remember to select Sign in with your Organization account when prompted.
Using LinkedIn Learning on mobile devices
Mobile apps are available for both iOS and Android devices. To download the app, open the app store on your device and search for LinkedIn Learning. Here are the description pages for each: