Adding Videos and Images in D2L Content
Videos and images can be powerful tools in purveying ideas and knowledge. Adding them you content or a news item is a simple task.
Getting Embed code for YouTube videos
If you are adding a YouTube video, the embed code can be copied by following these steps:
- Find the YouTube video you want to use
- Click the Share button directly below the video
- The link to the YouTube video is displayed. Do not use this link, instead, click the Embed button to the right of the link.
- Copy the displayed embed code.
Adding WMV videos
Note: Users must use Windows Internet Explorer to view WMV videos.
Windows Explorer might ask to allow the plug-in to run. Reply “Allow” or “Yes” (the message is at the top of the window).
The instructor should create the topic file/item as follows:
- If the existing file has upper case extension, rename the file with a lowercase extension.
- If file name already has lowercase extension, create a new content item that embeds the .wav or .wma file.
- Add new Topic in Content.
- Create New File--opens HTML editor, type in a title.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Click "Insert Object" icon (three icons to the left of the ABC spellcheck icon).
- Select Course Object, select Object Type, Browse to find file, click on File Name, check Show Controls and Auto Play, and click Insert.
- Click Save.
Adding videos and images from other web resources
- Go to the area in your course where you wish to add the video or media file. This may be in any of several areas of your course, like Content (Content » Manage Content » New Item » Create New File) or News (News » New News Item [the + sign in the News widget]).
- Add the appropriate headline
- Click the Advanced tab
- Click the Insert Stuff icon (see right)
- Click Enter Embed Code (It will be the last link on the left in the pop-up window.)
- Paste in the code for the media file or type it into the editor, then click Next
- Click Insert
- Click Publish
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.