Adding a D2L Announcement
WSU instructors using Brightspace or those interested in using Brightspace in the future.
Instructors can post messages for their students on their Brightspace course homepages quickly and easily using the Announcements tool. This can be a great way to update and orient students via a communication channel other than email. When students login to Brightspace, they see course Announcements immediately.
- Announcements are created using the built-in editor in Brightspace. Message text can be formatted, images and links can be added, and files can be attached to Announcements, allowing you to create informative and functional posts.
- Date and time restrictions can be applied to Announcements, allowing you to archive posts without keeping them on your homepage and schedule posts to appear in the future.
- Announcements can be copied from one semester to another, allowing you to reuse posts and save time.
A special note on editing Announcements: Creating the Announcement directly in the Announcements editor guarantees compatibility with the rest of Brightspace. Announcements that are composed in editors outside of Brightspace (like Word) will sometimes bring extra HTML or XML code with them when pasted into Brightspace. This extra code can cause the pull-down navigation in the page header to stop working.
News Item Features
- Publish an Announcement immediately
- Publish an Announcement with a future start date and time
- Save an Announcement as a draft
For a complete listing of Wiki topics, select from the category list below.