Adding randomizing Sections of Questions to a Brightspace Quiz
This article is intended for instructors interested in using Brightspace Quiz tool for online assessments in their courses.
The Quiz tool allows you to import quiz questions from other exams or textbook publishers with randoms selection of questions. In this article, you will learn how to add questions to a quiz section that randomly pulls a designated amount of questions from your Quiz Library for the creation of cumulative or comprehensive examinations.
The Quiz tool provides instructors many different ways to take advantage of creating, managing, assessing, and improving quiz questions. This process takes time, but the benefits of designing your exams withing the Brightspace Quiz tool will allow you to build robust quizzes. To begin to add a random section of questions to a quiz follow the steps below:
- Go to the course you wish to add a quiz and access the Assessments menu and choose the Quizzes.
- If this is an existing quiz that you are adding a random pool of questions to a quiz just select the quiz. If this is a new quiz, Select the New Quiz button and name your quiz.
- Choose the Add/Edit Question button on that same Properties tab page.
- Here you will be given the choice to add questions or import questions. Click on the Add button and choose the Question Pool option.
- Give a name to the Question Pool, choose the number of questions you want in this pool, points for all the questions in this pool, and then choose the Browse Question Lesson button.
- Select questions from your Question Library for the question you wish to include and choose.
- Click the Save button and you will be taken back to your quiz where you can add more questions or add another pool of questions.
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.