Adobe Systems Incorporated is a company that focuses on computer graphic rendering software or applications that create or modify images, webpages, and layouts.
- Desktop software, such as Adobe Photoshop, part of the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Audition.
- Server software, such as Adobe ColdFusion.
- Technologies, such as Portable Document Format (PDF), PDF's predecessor PostScript, and Adobe Flash Professional.
- Web hosted services as Adobe Kuler, Photoshop Express, and Acrobat.com
- Web design programs such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Muse, InDesign, Adobe InCopy and Adobe GoLive.
- Visual HTML animations for web, such as Adobe Edge Animate.
- Video editing and visual effects such as Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe SpeedGrade.
- Audio editing, such as Adobe Prelude.
- Flash games enhancement programs, such as Adobe Scout.
- Photo editing and enhancing, such as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
- On Windows use Software Center to install Adobe apps
- On macOS use Managed Software Center to install Adobe apps
1. To request access to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite click Yes at this link: Adobe Software Request.
2. Once you've received your welcome emails from Adobe, log into Adobe.com with your StarID@winona.edu.
- You will be redirected to a picture of the WSU gazebo. Log here with your StarID again and press Enter.
3. This will log you into your WSU Adobe account and display a page listing a number of options, Start by selecting the first choice: Desktop Downloads under the Creative Cloud Apps heading.
We would encourage you to download and install the Creative Cloud app first. Once installed, this app can be accessed using the shortcut on your PC or from your applications folder on a Mac. It will also add an icon to your desktop for easy access. If you open the app, it lists all the other applications that are part of our Creative Cloud license, allowing you to download them without going through the process above every single time.
Adobe Cloud looks like this:
To Download an Application
- On the left of the Adobe Creative Cloud homepage you will see a black menu box. All of your available options are listed here.
- To download apps to your desktop click on Desktop Downloads under Creative Cloud Apps
- You have access to all of these applications. To download one (Photoshop as an example) click on the "Download"button below the applications name.
- Once downloaded click on the file to begin the install.
- Use your StarID@winona.edu login.
- Click on "Start Installing"
- This screen will show you how your download is progressing.
Q & A
Q. When I try to sign in at the adobe site I get a 400 error message. Error code: general_nonsuccess
A. Use a different browser. It’s an issue with saved (cached) credentials in the browser. Switch to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome from your current browser and try to sign in at adobe.com again.
Installing Adobe Products from On The Hub
The full Adobe Suite is available at On The Hub for under $10.00 for faculty, staff and students.
How to install it from On The Hub
1. Go to https://winonastate.onthehub.com/
2. Click on Adobe Tab
3. Click on Adobe Creative Cloud
4. Click on Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Applications for ETLA
5. Add to Cart
6. Check out.