Adobe describes Scout as a SWF profiling tool designed for Flash game developers. Any SWF file, regardless of whether it runs on mobile devices or in browsers, can be quickly profiled with no change to the code, and Adobe Scout quickly and efficiently detects problems that could affect performance.
- Adobe Scout is provided by WSU and can be installed by following instructions with Installing Software From The Network.
- Frame by frame breakdown of time & memory
- ActionScript sampler to sample call stack every 1 ms
- Visual map of rendered DisplayObjects
- Stage3D recording, including command by command replay
- Profiling of Flash content on both desktop (Flash Player) and mobile (Adobe AIR)
- Tracking of user input, network & rendering events for every frame