Annotate a Brightspace assignment submission
Annotate a Brightspace assignment submission submitted to an assignments folder in a Brightspace course to provide quick feedback to students without having to open their original documents. Available annotations include freehand drawing, highlighting, and comments (e.g., sticky notes). Once published, students can see your annotations and download a PDF copy of their document with your annotations included.
Annotate student documents
Before you can use these annotation features, you must add an Assignments folder to your Brightspace course and students must upload their documents to this folder. Once you have documents to annotate, follow the steps below:
- From within your Brightspace course, select Assignments from the Assessments menu.
- Select the desired Assignment folder.
- Select the student's submission. The document will open in a preview window. The annotation toolbar will be at the top of that window (Fig 1).
- Use the annotation tools to add annotations.
- Select the Publish button to save your annotations and release them for the student to review. Select the Save Draft button if you are not finished annotating and do not want the student to review your annotations yet. Return later to continue annotating.
More wiki articles
- Assignments in Brightspace courses
- Video Assignments
- Annotate a Brightspace assignment submission
- Add a new assignment folder to your Brightspace course
- Review a survey report in Brightspace
- Embed a MediaSpace file into a Brightspace assignment folder
- Using annotation to give feedback
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.