Cisco WebEx/Preparing to Host a WebEx Meeting
This page describes steps to prepare to host a meeting.
Prior to the Meeting
For those interested in hosting a Cisco WebEx Meeting. Please follow the steps as shared.
Scheduling a Meeting
- Contact TLT at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507)457-5240 option 3, one week in advance of the meeting.
- Provide the following information:
- Contact Information: Your name, email, and phone
- Meeting Title (i.e. ABC Consortium Meeting)
- Meeting Dates (i.e. Monday, April 25, 2011)
- Meeting Time (i.e. 11:00 am - 1:00 pm)
- Audio Requirements: Will attendees be connecting via the computer, phone, or potentially a mixture using both options?
Getting Your Computer Ready
- Login to a Test Meeting
- If prompted "Allow" the WebEx to access your computer.
- After "allowing", the meeting center will take up to a minute to prepare.
- The test meeting will allow the same functionality as a regular meeting room, but prepares the computer as well as allows the individual testing the meeting see a meeting room in advance.
- Please review the How to Use WebEx link for using audio in a WebEx room.
Invite Meeting Attendees
- TLT will email the individual scheduling the WebEx meeting and invitation to share with meeting attendees.
- Prior to forwarding the email invitation for the meeting, please read the email thoroughly to determine: (a) accuracy of Dates and Times, (b) if phones numbers (if required) are provided, and (c) what additional questions you may have.
- Customize the invite by adding additional information. (Suggestion: do not remove content from the email only enhance it)
- Send the email invitation to meeting attendees.
Day of the Meeting
Before the Meeting
- Connect an ethernet cable to your computer to ensure a strong, consistent connection throughout the meeting.
- The TLT host will meet you in the connect room 15 minutes prior to the scheduled meeting time.
- Once in the room, test your audio and, if using, your video connections.
- The TLT host will pass the hosting rights to the individual hosting the meeting in WebEx.
During the Meeting
- As the host, one will have rights to screen share, monitor the chat, and control break-out rooms.
After the Meeting
- At the conclusion of the meeting, the host will have to "End the Meeting". At this time the host will be prompted to save the chat and other materials from the meeting if they choose to do so.
| How to Use WebEx
The link will take you to resources created by WebEx to support faculty, staff, and learners participating in WebEx meetings.