Control Panel is a tool for PC users (Windows 7, 8.1, and 10) that allows them to change default settings on their computer. This can mean battery settings, resolution, profile settings, device management, and other personalization features. It is similar to System Preferences on a Mac.
- 1 To Access Control Panel in Windows 8.1/Windows 10
- 2 To Access Control Panel in Windows 7
- 3 About Control Panel
To Access Control Panel in Windows 8.1/Windows 10
- Right-Click on Start Menu Button.
- Left-Click Control Panel to view and change your settings.
To Access Control Panel in Windows 7
- Click on the Windows button or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Either type in "Control Panel" into your search pane and access it or click on Control Panel on the right side above Shut Down.
About Control Panel
System and Security
Network and Internet
Hardware and Sound
Appearance and Personalization
Clock, Language, and Region