Control Panel Installations (PC)
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
WSU offers many programs to students, faculty, and staff at no additional charge that are not pre-loaded on the computer when it is received. To get these programs they must be installed from the network via Control Panel Installations.
- You must be connected to the WSU campus network when installing programs
- NOTE: Some installs may take up to 30 minutes. Please do not quit the install process during this time.
Instructions Windows 8 & 10
- Then Type in “Install a program” and select “Install a program from the network” from the list.
- The available programs will appear. Choose the program that you want and click on "INSTALL".
- A listing of the available programs will appear
- If you do not see a list of software available when you click on "install a program from the network" please either reboot, logoff/log on, or click Start > click to map drives.
- Click on the program that you would like to install. In this example we will choose Adobe Indesign
- Double-click on the program you wish to install. The following window or a similar installation prompt will appear.
- Let this run. Be patient! You will be notified when the installation is completed.
- When the install has completed you may see a message that says so.
- The application may or may not start up - some are set to open after install and some are not, but it will be installed at this point and you will find it under START > ALL PROGRAMS.