Convert Email Addresses in Excel to Outlook Email List
How do you convert a column of email addresses in Excel to a useable distribution list in Outlook?
These instructions work for both PC and Mac computers, using Outlook or Outlook Web Access. The email addresses must be complete (firstname.lastname@example.org) and listed in a single Excel column to use these instructions successfully.
- Copy and paste the column of email addresses into a blank Microsoft Word document.
- A small clipboard appears to the right of the data. Click on this once and select Keep Text Only.
- Click the REPLACE button on the Home tab (sometimes found under Edit > Replace).
- Click inside the “Find” box and enter ^p. (Hint: The carat symbol “^” is typed using Shift-6.)
- Click inside the “Replace” box and type in a semi-colon. (Hint: The semi-colon key on most keyboards is to the immediate right of the letter L.)
- Click the REPLACE ALL button. When the process is finished, hit OK and close the Find/Replace window.
You now have a list that can be copy and pasted into the TO,CC,or BCC sections of an Outlook email message.