Quizzes in Brightspace
This article is intended for instructors interested in using Brightspace Quiz tool for online assessments in their courses.
The Quiz tool allows you to create new or import quiz questions from other exams or textbook publisher's. The Quiz tool can be enabled to randomize questions, pull sections of questions from a Quiz Library for the creation of cumulative or comprehensive examinations. The following sections in this article provide directions for creating quizzes and adding questions, importing questions, randomizing sections of quiz questions, creating bonus questions, granting special access to users for a quiz, associating quizzes with grade items, and setting up submission views so students can view their results.
The Quiz tool provides instructors many different ways to take advantage of creating, managing, assessing, and improving quiz questions. This process takes time, but the benefits of designing your exams withing the Brightspace Quiz tool will allow you to build on the skills you will learn within this article.
- Go to the course you wish to add a quiz and access the Assessments menu and choose the Quizzes.
- Select the New Quiz button.
- Name your quiz.
- Choose the Add/Edit Question button. If you want to learn more about this process check out the article Adding questions and importing questions to a Brightspace Quiz
- Next, you will need to go to the Restrictions tab and set the Start and End Date/Time.
- From the Timing section set the number of minutes you would like to give and choose, if you wish, to show a clock during the exam.
- Choose the Assessment tab and choose the grade item you wish to associate with this exam. If you want it to automatically grade and export to your grade book make sure to check both of these options.
- Set how many attempts you would like to allow and the overall grading calculation you would like to give for the exam.
- Choose the Save and close button.
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.