Creating a new lynda account
About this article
This article includes instructions for creating or requesting a new lynda account. It is intended for the entire campus community.
Before you begin
The steps for creating a new lynda account vary depending on where you are located. If you are located on the Winona campus and logged into the WSU network, you can create a new account directly. If you are located off campus and are not connected to the Winona campus network, you cannot create a new lynda account directly. Instead, you have to request that an account be started for you.
Creating a new account from the Winona campus
If you are currently located on the Winona campus and logged into the WSU network, follow these steps:
Note: You will use your full friendly WSU email address as your Lynda username.
- Student examples: email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org). (do not use your minnstate login address)
- Employee examples: email@example.com (do not use your minnstate login address)
Create your account on campus here: https://www.lynda.com/Login/?view=create
Create your new lynda account if you are off campus
Requesting a lynda account if you are located off the Winona campus will take approximately one business day to get created.
Enter your WSU email address to be used as your Lynda username.
Note: After you fill in the form you will receive a message from lynda.com in approximately one business day for you to complete your profile. If you are a member of other Minnesota State schools check your WSU mailbox for this message.
- What's lynda?
- How to use Lynda
- Lynda course suggestions
- Lynda on mobile devices
- Playing lynda videos on mobile devices
- Downloading and deleting lynda videos on mobile devices
- Lynda's description of their iPad and iPhone app
- Lynda's description of their app for Android tablets and phones
- Lynda's apps FAQ