Creating a new lynda account
About this article
This article includes instructions for creating or requesting a new lynda account. It is intended for the entire campus community.
Before you begin
The steps for creating a new lynda account vary depending on where you are located. If you are located on the Winona campus and logged into the WSU network, you can create a new account directly. If you are located off campus and are not connected to the Winona campus network, you cannot create a new lynda account directly. Instead, you have to request that an account be started for you.
Creating a new account from the Winona campus
If you are currently located on the Winona campus and logged into the WSU network, follow these steps:
Note: You will use your full friendly WSU email address as your Lynda username.
- Student examples: firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com). (do not use your minnstate login address)
- Employee examples: firstname.lastname@example.org (do not use your minnstate login address)
Create your account on campus here: https://www.lynda.com/Login/?view=create
Create your new lynda account if you are off campus
Requesting a lynda account if you are located off the Winona campus will take one business day to get created.
- What's lynda?
- How to use Lynda
- Lynda course suggestions
- Lynda on mobile devices
- Playing lynda videos on mobile devices
- Downloading and deleting lynda videos on mobile devices
- Lynda's description of their iPad and iPhone app
- Lynda's description of their app for Android tablets and phones
- Lynda's apps FAQ