DLC Fall 2011 Class Project/Pat Tolmie (EFRT 308)
Human Relations and Student Diversity
- 1 Class Sections, Location, Days and Times
- 2 Project Details
- 3 Training Expectations
- 4 Software Requested
- 5 Instructions for Students
- 6 Helpful Information
- 7 Additional Information
Class Sections, Location, Days and Times
- 1 sections/30 students
- Somsen 301
- 12:00 pm
- Final Digital Ethnography Checklist will be provided by your instructor and will be posted to this wiki page soon.
Student should know how to:
- Download and add content to WordPress
- Link video content, created on iMovie or MovieMaker and saved to YouTube
- Would like Wiki backup
- iMovie, MovieMaker
- You Tube
Instructions for Students
Before Wednesday, November 9 (Plan 20 Prep)
- Set-Up a WordPress Account: Click here if you need to create an account
- Create a YouTube Account: Click here if you need to create an account
- Confirm you have iMovie (Mac) or Windows Movie Maker (PC) on your computer
- Review the Overview of Project Video
- Prepare question you have in regards to the technology
Step 1: Developing Your WordPress Page
- If you do not have a WordPress account, start here.
- If you have a WordPress account or when you are done setting up your account, follow the instruction guide provide for creating a static website in WordPress.
- Tasks: Create a secondary page, post a photo, post a pdf and create a link to that document somewhere within the page, and post a link to a You Tube video.
Step 2: Creating Your Video
I will be using a Mac:
I will be using a PC:
Step 3: Uploading Your Video
1.You will need to create a You Tube account.
2.Then upload the video file from your computer directly to You Tube you can learn this process by going to this resource
3.Copy the URL of your newly uploaded video to your WordPress page by clicking here.
- Note: You will want to make your video "unlisted"
If there are any questions on any other software the students will have to make 1:1 appointments with the DLC.
- Walk-In: Somsen 207
- Email: email@example.com
- Call:457- 5240 option 1