DLC Fall 2011 Class Projects/Nicholas Wysocki (EFRT308)
Human Relations and Student Diversity
- 1 Class Sections, Location, Days and Times
- 2 Project Details
- 3 Training Expectations
- 4 Software Requested
- 5 Presenters and Training Schedule
- 6 Instructions for Students
- 7 Helpful Information
- 8 Additional Information
Class Sections, Location, Days and Times
- 2 sections/32 students per section
- Guildemeister 223
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 9:30 am and 2:00 pm
- Final Digital Ethnography on Wordpress (project description)
- Note: Aspects of this project and its related description will change going into the Fall 2011 semester.
Student should know how to:
- Download and add content to WordPress
- Link video content, created on iMovie or MovieMaker and saved to YouTube
- Would like Wiki backup
- iMovie, MovieMaker
- You Tube
Presenters and Training Schedule
- 9:30 am (Dennis) and 2:00 pm (Tanner)
Instructions for Students
Step 1: Developing Your WordPress Page
- If you do not have a WordPress account, start here.
- If you have a WordPress account or when you are done setting up your account, follow the instruction guide provide for creating a static website in WordPress.
- Tasks: Create a secondary page, post a photo, post a pdf and create a link to that document somewhere within the page, and post a link to a You Tube video.
Step 2: Creating Your Video
I will be using a Mac:
I will be using a PC:
Step 3: Uploading Your Video
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
1. Create a YouTube account
3. Click channel
4. Create channel
5. Upload video from your desktop, iMovie, or Movie Maker. Movie Maker will force you to fill out all of the fields (i.e title, description, and tags) before it will allow you to upload.
If there are any questions on any other software the students will have to make 1:1 appointments with the DLC.