DLC Spring 2016 Class Projects/Andrea Gierok
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
Class Sections, Location, Days and Times
- HERS 315 (000466)
- Maxwell 379
- Tuesday, Thursday 2-3:20p.m.
- Student 14
- Adobe InDesign
DLC STAR Support Expectations
- Will bring sample poster/pamphlet with them to class
- Will show students how to create a poster and a trifold pamphlet using Adobe InDesign.
- Will remain in the classroom to support students
- Will be available in Somsen 207e for 1:1 support as needed by students (by appointment please)
Presenters and Support Schedule
- Chad Kjorlien
- Software download from network
- PowerPoint Poster Training and Support
- InDesign Trifold Pamphlet Training and Support
- Create poster and trifold poster in InDesign
- Reducing alcohol and other drug abuse in youth ages 12-17
- Sample topic is HIV
Project Assignment Worksheets
Students will need to have Adobe InDesign downloaded to their laptops from the WSU server
Online Video Training
1. Create your lynda account
2. Videos to Watch
Students will need to have gone through the lynda training videos listed below:
- Adding or Editing Text
- Adding or Replacing Graphics
- Moving Objects Around
- Printing and Creating a PDF
- link to Lynda Video
For Trifold Pamphlets
Other Available Training
Brochure Design DOs and DON'Ts
- DO: Be consistent with your text. Pick a font size and type for each type of text you are working with. For example one for body text and another for heading text.
- DO: Be consistent with your margins in text boxes (search for inset spacing to find more information regarding this subject).
- DO: Involve your reader, a call to action is helpful in engaging your audience.
- DON'T: Allow your text to fade into the background. Use tools like the rectangle tool or background color to create backdrops for your text.
- DON'T: Use the following color combinations, if you can help it, which are especially hard on colorblind people: Green & Red; Green & Brown; Blue & Purple; Green & Blue; Light Green & Yellow; Blue & Grey; Green & Grey; Green & Black