DLC Summer 2019 Class Projects/Kim Kaltura Capture
About this article
This article includes instructions for uploading video and audio files to your MediaSpace account using the Media Upload tool. You will learn how to upload video from your computer or smartphone and add these video to Discussion Posts in D2L BrightSpace.
What's the Media Upload tool?
The Media Upload tool in MediaSpace allows you to upload video and audio files, stored on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, to your MediaSpace account. Once the upload is complete, a copy of that file will reside in your MediaSpace online storage and will be accessible from your My Media page. You can then share that file, post it to Brightspace, and even edit it using MediaSpace editing tools. Note that the original file is retained following the upload and remains wherever you stored it on your device.
How do I upload a file from my computer?
To upload a video or audio file to your MediaSpace account from your laptop or desktop computer:
- Log into MediaSpace at https://mediaspace.minnstate.edu with your StarID username and password. This will take you to your My Media page.
- Select Media Upload from the Add New new menu (Fig 1).
- Select Choose a file to upload. You will then be prompted to browse your device for a video or audio file.
- Once you have selected your file, a copy of it will begin to upload. At the top of the Upload Media window (Fig 3), you will see a progress bar (3).
- Once the file upload is complete, you can change the title, add a description, add keywords or tags, and select file access permissions (4).
- Select Save (5) to complete the process.
- Select either Go To Media, to play the file, or Go To My Media (6) to return to your My Media page.
How do I upload a file from my smartphone?
- Open MediaSpace Open the browser on your phone and go to the MediaSpace web site (mediaspace.minnstate.edu). Log in using your StarID and StarID password.
- Select the Media Upload option Tap the little person icon at the top right of the browser window. (See the image at right.) Select Media Upload.
- Choose the video Tap the + Choose a file to upload button. From the pop-up menu, select the location of your video. If you have already captured the video, select Photo Library. (See the image below.) Find your video in the pop-up window and tap Use in the top right corner.
- Add your title and description Give your video a title and description.
How do I add my recording to a D2L BrightSpace Discussion?
- What's MediaSpace?
- A quick tour of the My Media page
- How to record using Kaltura Capture
- How to add MediaSpace recordings to Brightspace courses
- Phone: 507-457-2206
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1:1 Support: Krueger Library #105