Draft:Installing and Connecting D2L Binder on Android Tablets
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
About this articleD2L Binder app for iOS and Android devices. It is intended for WSU students, but may also be of interest to instructors who would like to see how using Desire2Learn and wanting to work on assignments on their tablet devices.
Downloading and Installing Binder on an Android
You cannot use the Binder application until you have a functioning EduDentity account. (For more information regarding creating an EduDentity account, visit the EduDentity Account instruction article.)
- On your Android tablet, open Google Play and search for Binder.
- Tap the FREE button on the Binder panel.
- Tap the INSTALL button at the top right of the application page.
- Accept the access privileges for Binder bu tapping ACCEPT in the pop-up window.
- Once the install completes, tap OPEN to open the application.
Attaching Binder to WSU's D2L from an Android
- Open the Binder application on your iPad. You will be prompted to sign in with your EduDentity account or through Facebook. Tap on EduDentity.
- Enter your EduDentity ID and password and tap the Sign In button. (If you do not have an EduDentity account, go to Creating and EduDentity Account for further instructions.)
- You will see the My Binder and Fetch icons in the top left of the Binder window.
- You use the My Binder icon to view and manage your stored documents.
- The Fetch icon is used to import documents from Brightspaces's environment, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
- Tap Fetch to begin attaching your Binder application to Brightspace.
- When presented with the Create Connection dialog, tap on the field with the grey Web Address and enter winona.learn.minnstate.edu. This is the address of WSU's Desire2Learn instance. Tap Connect.
- On the next page, enter your StarID (e.g., bb1234cc) and password.
- Once the connection is complete, you should see a window similar to the one below. In the left column, you should see the Brightspace icon and the words Learning Environment. In the right column should be a list of the classes you have access to. If there are no classes in the right column, click on the Learning Environment entry in the left column.
Related Wiki Topics
No pages meet these criteria.
D2L Overview Topics