About This Article
This article describes the LinkedIn Learning courses and video content, as well as details some of the features available on the website and on the mobile app.
What is LinkedIn Learning?
Using all the content from Lynda.com, LinkedIn Learning is an online learning platform that provides thousands of courses led by professional instructors. These courses offer a wide selection of videos that help you develop creative, technical, and business skills. In addition, LinkedIn recommends certain courses based on your profile, using information such as your jobs and skills. Once you have selected and completed a course, you can add it to your LinkedIn profile in the form of a certificate and display the skills you have gained. Presenting these certificates from various courses is one way to share your skills and experience with classmates, colleagues, or future employers.
Reasons to Use LinkedIn Learning
- Choose to develop the exact skills you need. Some of the video lessons are rather specific in terms of content, which allows you to choose exactly what information you want to learn. Save time and energy by focusing on what matters most to you.
- Display new skills on your resume. After you have finished a course, you can share it on your profile. Current or future employers can easily recognize your progress and your professional interests.
- Learn when and where you want. Videos courses are available in short, easy-to-watch segments. They are also available on a variety of devices, so you can watch them at home or on the go (and even download them on mobile devices to watch offline).
- Follow recommended courses through learning paths. If you are not sure where to start or if you want to try something new, learning paths will guide you through the most relevant and basic courses to cover essential information in a specific field.
- Build professional connections. Sharing your new skills and completed courses right on LinkedIn helps recruiters and employers learn more about you. Also, you can easily find other people who are interested in the same courses you are.
Will my progress from Lynda.com carry over to LinkedIn Learning?
Yes, your account information and course progression will transfer over to LinkedIn Learning. Your video history will also be the same, so you can pick up where you left off.
For more information on the upgrade of Lynda to LinkedIn Learning.
What’s the difference between Lynda and LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning contains the same video content as Lynda.com, but it adds personalized recommendations by using data from your profile and shows the latest trends from other active accounts. Once you have started learning courses or indicated skills you are interested in, LinkedIn Learning recommends courses relevant to you and your goals. It also brings a social element to learning and allows you to share your progress with others.
Want to see why LinkedIn Learning is an upgrade from Lynda.com? check this page out.
Will I still be able to use my Lynda.com account?
No, your Lynda account will no longer be accessible once you have migrated to LinkedIn Learning. Please remember that you can access the same video content as before. Of course, your activity and your progress will also transfer over.
- Why do I have to login with my LinkedIn credentials every time?
If you connected your LinkedIn account with your LinkedIn Learning account, you will be prompted to login using your LinkedIn credentials. This is to protect member privacy, so that no personal profile information is shared with your WSU LinkedIn Learning account. Note that your browser cache may keep the credentials for you so that you may not have to re-authenticate each time.
- Why do I have to re-authenticate?
If you have not used LinkedIn Learning for more than 30 days, your browser cookie my have refreshed and you will need to re-authenticate. Another reason may be that you are using a different browser or computer.
Have more questions? Check out the LinkedIn Learning FAQ page.
Need more help?
If you have more questions or concerns regarding LinkedIn Learning, please do the following:
- Contact TLT (email@example.com, 507-457-5240 Option #3, Maxwell Hall 130).
- Contact the Technical Support Center (AskTech@winona.edu, 507-457-5240, Somsen Hall 207).
- Contact LinkedIn directly at 1-(888)-335-9632, submit an online help ticket from the Contact Us page, or review guides at LinkedIn Learning Help.