E-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship
What is e-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship?
Aspen Capital, in partnership with Winona State University, provides the latest mobile devices and technology to Winona State students.
A key component of the partnership established between Aspen Capital and WSU includes Aspen’s commitment to “give back” to the University. Accordingly, Aspen Capital is pleased to provide scholarships for the 2017-2018 e-Warrior Aspen Capital eScholarship events. This year Aspen Capital has generously donated $17,000 enabling us to provide 17 students with a $1,000 scholarship for the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. These scholarships will be awarded through our eWarrior Aspen Capital eScholarship events.
Click on the individual option to find out more ...
2018-2019 eScholarship Details
- The theme for this years eScholarship is RESILIENCE.
- Resilience is the ability to adapt well and grow when faced with adversity or difficulty. It can be displayed by materials that don't break under pressure, but instead bend or flex. It is shown by strong communities that are inclusive, sustainable, courageous and able to learn and grow from conflict.
- There are have four events in which students may participate. The recipient(s) of each event will win a $1,000 e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship provided by Aspen Capital.
- eScholarship events are open to all Winona State University students that are currently participating in the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program. This includes full-time and part-time students.
How Are They Awarded?
- Seventeen individual $1,000.00 e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarships will be awarded.
- Must be a WSU student that is participating in the eWarrior: Digital Life & Learning Program.
- Deadline: All entrees must be submitted by Friday, January 25, 2019.
- Only entries that are 100% original will be considered.
- Only entries that follow exact guidelines will be considered.
- All entries must be created/edited on WSU devices (laptop, tablet). The only exception is for the Photography and eFlick events in which you may use your phone to take the photo or video.
- Technology: Must use WSU supported software or software that is freely accessible by all.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish but you will only be eligible to win one scholarship.
- One scholarship per person.
- Scholarships will be awarded for Spring 2019
- You will be required to attend a luncheon with your benefactor. Casual dress will be the attire.
- The Digital Photography and e-Flick events require you to create your entry on your tablet or phone or with your camera. Editing may be done on your laptop, tablet or phone. The Laptop Cover Skin and Jingle entries can be created on either your tablet or your laptop.
- Tablet/laptop questions and software training available to all students at the e-Warrior Digital Learning Center in Library 105. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an appointment. Walk-in's accepted depending upon availability of staff.
You must use this form to submit your entries for these three events:
- Digital Photography
- Laptop Cover Skin Competition
- Jingle Competition
Remember to attach your entry!! Entries can be submitted at any time up until January 12th, 2018.
- PLEASE include your name in the name of the file. Example: MarySmithPhoto.jpg or MarySmithLaptopSkin.jpg. If you are submitting more than one entry name them MarySmithPhoto1.jpg, MarySmithPhoto2.jpg, etc.
Submission: e-Warrior e-Flick Competition Only
- All entrees must be submitted via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account please create one for this competition.
- Email the link to your entry, your name(s) and Warrior ID(s) to email@example.com. Please include a paragraph detailing the content of your entry.
- Make sure your video on YouTube can be viewed by the "Public"
- All entries must be submitted by January 12th, 2018.
- Winners to be announced in mid February.
By submitting an entry, I guarantee that the content of my entry is free of any copyright restriction and agree to provide WSU with copies of any copyright releases I have acquired, should they be requested. Winona State University cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from possible copyright violation. I agree to defend and indemnify the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees and hold them harmless against all claims, suits, costs losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the University and/or the University’s licensees and assignees may sustain by reason of any unlawful matter contained in the program. WSU also reserves the right to use submissions to the e-Competition, in whole or in part, for future promotion and demonstration.
- The WSU e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Scholarship Committee reserves the right to disregard entries that are not complete, on theme, or are inappropriate.
Helpful Information and Past Years:
- 2010 Laptop Cover Design Scholarship Recipient
- 2011-2012 Scholarship Recipients
- 2012-2013 Scholarship Recipients
- 2013-2014 Scholarship Recipients
- 2014-2015 Scholarship Recipients
- 2015-2016 Scholarship Recipients
- 2016-2017 Scholarship Recipients
- 2017-2018 Scholarship Recipients
- eScholarship Digital Photography Competition
- eScholarship Jingle Competition
- eScholarship Q and A
- eScholarship e-Flick Competition