Embed a MediaSpace file into a Brightspace assignment folder
About this article
This article includes instructions for embedding video and audio files from your MediaSpace My Media to an Assignment Submission Folder. It is intended for WSU students.
What's the Media Upload tool?
The Media Upload tool in MediaSpace allows you to upload video and audio files, stored on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, to your MediaSpace account. Once the upload is complete, a copy of that file will reside in your MediaSpace online storage and will be accessible from your My Media page.
Embedding a MediaSpace video file to a Brightspace Assignment Submission Folder
If you have not already uploaded your video to MediaSpace you will need to do so. Go to Upload a media file to MediaSpace. Once your video is posted there and finished processing you can begin to post it to a Brightspace Assignment Submission Folder.
1. Go to the Assessments menu of your Brightspace course and choose the Assignments option.
2. Within the Assignments page, select the Assignment Submission Folder you want to embed your video.
3. Within the Assignment Submission Folder, click on the Insert Stuff button(2).
4. A series of media tools will be on this page and you will choose the My Media (you may need to scroll down to see this).
5. You should see all your videos load and can choose the one you are going to use by choosing the Select button and hit the "Next" button in the lower-left corner. Note:If you do not see your videos you may have your browser blocking pop-ups to this site and need to adjust this setting.
6. Click on the Insert button the one you want to have in your Assignment Submission Folder.
7. Click the Submit button and you are done.