Flip Video Camcorder
The Flip Video Camcorder is now being used for many Winona State projects.
Students can rent a Flip Video Camcorder for day time or overnight or over the weekend activities from the Student TSC at Somsen 207.
We offer students two types of Flip Video Cams:
- Flip Video
- Has 60 minutes of video & 2 GB of storage
- Records in AVI
- Flip Video Ultra HD
- Has 120 minutes of video & 4 GB of storage
- Records in MP4
Simple to Shoot
- Easy-to-use, pocket-sized camcorder
- Start recording within 3 seconds of power-up; simple user interface features one-touch recording
- Two standard AA batteries included. Rechargeable Battery Pack (buy now) and Power Adapter (buy now) sold separately
- Large 2.0 inch anti-glare display to play back and delete videos
- Fast lens - great low or bright light results; 2x digital zoom
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your PC or Mac to launch pre-loaded FlipShare™ software
- Records high-quality H.264 videos that are compatible with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and iTunes
- Video: VGA (640 x 480) at 30 frames per second (fps) progressive scan
- Can be edited in MovieMaker (PC) for the PC or iMovie for a Mac
- “Child Safe” mode to prevent accidental deletions of clips
- Silent mode for recording in sensitive situations
- Tripod mount fits any standard tripod
Pre-loaded FlipShare™ software for instant viewing, editing, one-click emailing, and online sharing:
- Compatible with Mac and PC.
- Browse, play back, organize and archive your videos
- Create movies in MP4 format with video clips, music and titles
- Edit clips and create still-image snapshots from video
- Instantly upload to Facebook™, MySpace™, YouTube™ and other video sharing sites
- Share your videos privately using attachment-free emails or greetings cards (free and unlimited video sharing)
- Create private Flip Channels to share your videos with groups of family and friends
When connecting Flip Video Cam to the USB port for the first time on the Mac, an application will automatically run to install the software.
During Mac installation it will prompt you to set up a folder for your FlipShare videos. Select New and and choose your Movies or Videos folder.
When connecting Flip Video Cam to the USB port for the first time on the PC, you will need to open the Flip Video Cam as a USB device in order to install the application.
The FlipShare application will open automatically when you connect your Flip Video Cam and you can use it to:
- Icon 1 Save video files to your computer for editing in MovieMaker (PC) or iMovie (Mac)
- Note: it will save as AVI or MP4 depending on the type of Flip Video you use
- Icon 2 Output the video files with or without editing (e.g., adding titles, credits, etc.) to an MP4 movie format
- Icon 3 Creating or copying these video files to a DVD
- Icon 4 Capturing freeze frames from videos