From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
The Kindle Fire is a 7-inch tablet that links seamlessly with Amazon's impressive collection of digital music, video, magazine, and book services in one easy-to-use package.
- Color Touchscreen
- Magazines in rich color
- Free cloud storage
- Simple and easy to use
- Watch movies and TV shows
- Fast dual-core processor
- Your favorite apps and games
- Fast web browsing
- Millions of books
- Great children's books
- Synchronizes with iTunes
- Easy to hold in one hand
- Load and read your documents
- Display = 7" multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and anti-reflective treatment, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors.
- Size (Inches) = 7.5" x 4.7" x 0.45"
- Weight = 14.6 ounces
- System Requirements = None, because it's wireless and doesn't require a computer.
- On-device Storage = 8GB internal (approximately 6GB available for user content). That's enough for 80 apps, plus 10 movies or 800 songs or 6,000 books.
- If you are a OneNote user and use MobileNoter on your Kindle Fire you can sync your account to Microsoft OneDrive or a Dropbox account.