Laptop Distribution vs Exchange
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
Mobile device sessions
Here at WSU, there are two types of mobile device sessions.
- A laptop/tablet distribution class is when new students and employees get their laptops for the first time.
- A laptop/tablet exchange is when existing students and employees “exchange” their old, end of lease laptop, for a new one.
When do I get my laptop and tablet?
- A new student coming in will get their mobile devices either during June Registration week or during other special sessions that are scheduled throughout the summer. If students are unable to make these sessions special arrangements will be made by appointment.
- Existing students will receive emails when it is time to renew their devices. Watch your email!!
- New faculty and staff that receive laptops will be notified and either attend a special session or get theirs during a 1:1 meeting with one of our Teaching, Learning, and Technical Services staff.
- Existing faculty and staff will receive emails when it is time to renew their devices. Watch your email!!