Lynda on mobile devices
About this article
This article provides an overview of the lynda.com app for mobile devices. It is intended for all members of the campus community who have a university lynda.com account and a mobile device.
Why use the lynda mobile app?
- Learn on the go. On the couch, on the treadmill, or from the observation car on the train, use your tablet or phone to learn anywhere. Your progress is synchronized across all of your devices.
- Display lynda videos on your tablet or phone as you practice on your laptop. No more switching back and forth between the video and the application you are trying to learn.
- Stream from your mobile device to your TV using AirPlay or ChromeCast.
- Save courses and videos to your mobile device for offline access, when you are not connected to the Internet.
Lynda account required
Before you can use the mobile app, you need a WSU lynda.com account. When you run the app for the first time, you will have to enter the username (your WSU email address) and password (created by you) for your lynda account.
Installing the app
Install the lynda mobile app on your tablet or phone as you would any app:
- On your iPad or iPhone, search the App Store for "lynda." On your Samsung Tab 4 tablet or other Android mobile device, search the Play Store.
- How to install apps on your iPad and iPhone
- How to install apps on your Samsung Tab 4 or other Android mobile device
Using the app
The user experience is virtually identical on the iOS and Android versions of the app. When you open the app, you will be able to continue watching your courses and videos in progress, access any of your playlists and assignments, and browse lists of new and recommended courses. Select the "hamburger" icon to navigate to various areas of the app and return to your Home screen. Here are links to instructions for using common features of the mobile app:
Limitations of the app
Although the mobile app has many useful features, it is really designed to be used in conjunction with your computer and the lynda.com website. There are several key features that are available via the website, but not through the app, including:
- Note-taking tools and access to existing notes
- Interactive video transcripts
- Supplemental course exercise files