Microsoft Office for Android
|This article is part of the
WSU Tablet Series
Microsoft Office for Android is now available for WSU students!
Where do I get it from?
You can download Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, OneNote, and/or Excel from WSU Apps on your WSU Android Tablet.
- Click the WSU Apps icon on your WSU tablet's home screen. If that icon doesn't appear, simply open the AirWatch app and click the App Catalog button at the top right.
- Select Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote from the list provided.
- Press the button labeled Install.
- An application installation pop-up will appear, select Install.
- The App will install and you will be able to begin using it by following the setup directions below.
Once you've downloaded one of the apps for Microsoft Office on iPad, either Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, or Microsoft OneNote, follow these steps to sign in with your WSU account and use the apps:
- Step 1: Start up the App and wait for it to get ready for first time use.
- Step 2: Accept the Use terms
- Step 3: Read the two pages of information by sliding the page to the left. Continue until you reach the Sign In page.
- Step 4: Tap "Sign In"
- Step 5: Type in your WSU email address
- Step 2: Choose “Work Account”
- Step 3: Enter your full WSU email, as well as your WSU password, and tap “Sign In”
- Step 4: After you’ve logged in, the program will automatically connect to your OneDrive for Business account. You will be able to start creating and editing documents!
How do I use Office Apps for Android?
It's actually really easy! Office Android apps (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote) are all simplified versions of their desktop counterparts; if you have any experience with Office programs, you should be able to figure out Office for Android.
When you open an Office for Android app, you will start in a window with many templates for what you want to create. Just select a template and start working on your file!
You can also open a saved file that you've already been working on from the Recent tab or under the Open menu. You have a choice of opening it from your Android tablet (if saved on it) or adding other locations such as OneDrive for Business or a personal OneDrive to receive, edit files from, and save to. A reminder: all students have 1TB of storage space they can utilize from their email accounts with OneDrive for Business!