Microsoft Office for the iPad
|This article is part of the
WSU Tablet Series
Microsoft Office for the iPad is now available for WSU students!
You can get full access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote on your iPad by logging in with your StarID and password.
Where do I get it from?
From WSU Apps
You can download Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and/or Excel from WSU apps on your WSU iPad.
- Click the WSU Apps icon on your WSU iPad's home screen.
- Select Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint from the list provided.
- Press the button labeled Free.
- An application installation pop-up will appear, select Install.
- You will be prompted for your Apple ID password, enter it in.
- The App will install and you will be able to begin using it by following the setup directions below.
Once you've downloaded one of the apps for Microsoft Office on iPad, either Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, or Microsoft OneNote, follow these steps to sign in with your WSU account and use the apps:
- Step 1: Tap "Sign In"
- Step 2: Enter your complete StarID.
- Step 3: Enter your StarID and password, then tap “Sign In”
- Step 4:You can now start creating and editing documents on your iPad.
How do I use Office Apps for iPad?
It's actually really easy! Office iPad apps (Word, PowerPoints, Excel) are all simplified versions of their desktop counterparts; if you have any experience with Office programs, you will be able to figure out Office for iPad.
When you open an Office for iPad app, you will start in a window with many templates for what you want to create. Just select a template and start working on your file!
You can also open a saved file that you've already been working on (under the Open menu). You have a choice of opening it from your iPad (if saved on it) or adding other locations such OneDrive for Business or a personal OneDrive to receive, edit files from, and save to. A reminder: all students have 1TB of storage space they can utilize from their email accounts with OneDrive for Business!
To connect your OneDrive for Business account, just select + Add a Place and then select OneDrive for Business. You will be asked to sign into your university email, so input your full StarID and password and you should be successful!