Microsoft PowerPoint Inserting a YouTube Video (PC)
From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
You cannot embed YouTube videos or videos from online websites in the 64-bit version of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 - which is what we have here at Winona State.
Download YouTube Videos to Your Computer
- To download a YouTube video to your computer, navigate to the YouTube video that you wish to insert and in new tab or window go to: http://en.savefrom.net/
- Copy the YouTube URL and paste the URL into the box on http://en.savefrom.net/, then click the download button.
- The window will load and you should see different options to download the video. Click on what size you want the YouTube video to be. I suggest you select MP4 720P
- At the bottom of your screen it will ask if you want to Open, Save or Cancel.
- You should select the arrow by Save, then select Save as. You will then pick where you want to save and name the video.
- Navigate to where you saved the file and open that file, it will then start to download the video.
Putting A Video Into Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (64-bit)
- In the PowerPoint side click where you want the YouTube video to be on, go up to the top next to the file button and click on Insert
- Under the Media section click on Video and then select Video from File...
- Navigate to where you saved the YouTube video that you downloaded and then click Insert