OneNote Backup and Restore
Version: Office2013, Platform: PC
Microsoft OneNote stores notebooks either locally or in a Sharepoint Office356 OneDrive folder. This documentation covers the process to backup notebooks and restore notebooks.
Where are Notebooks saved?
Find out where your Notebooks are stored.
- Go to File > Options > Save & Backup
- The Save section shows where you have your default folders saved.
- Quick Notes Section - this can be saved to your OneDrive folder
- Backup Folder - When you setup an automatic back up they are saved to this location. The default location for the WSU laptop image has this going to a hidden folder location c:\users\StarID\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote
- Default Notebook Location - If you create a notebook and don't change the location, it will be saved in this folder.
- Setup how often you want to automatically back up to occur.
Restore Your Notebooks
File > Options > Open Backups
Browse to the location that you backed up your Notebooks. If you are unsure where your backups are, look for the location in the Save & Backup menu displayed in section above.