OneNote Backup and Restore
Version: Office2013, Platform: PC
Microsoft OneNote stores notebooks either locally or in a Sharepoint Office356 OneDrive folder. This documentation covers the process to backup notebooks and restore notebooks.
Where are Notebooks saved?
Find out where your Notebooks are stored.
- Go to File > Options > Save & Backup
- The Save section shows where you have your default folders saved.
- Quick Notes Section - this can be saved to your OneDrive folder
- Backup Folder - When you setup an automatic back up they are saved to this location. The default location for the WSU laptop image has this going to a hidden folder location c:\users\StarID\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote
- Default Notebook Location - If you create a notebook and don't change the location, it will be saved in this folder.
- Setup how often you want to automatically back up to occur.
Restore Your Notebooks
Browse to the location that you backed up your Notebooks. If you are unsure where your backups are, look for the location in the Save & Backup menu displayed in section above.