The OpenText Homepage tab is a convenient dashboard that includes lists of pages waiting for submission to workflow and release. These lists are displayed on the homepage in panels or "widgets." You can add useful widgets to your homepage to help you manage your site as it grows.
When you log in to OpenText, you will start on the Homepage tab. By default, the homepage has four widgets. If you are missing any of these widgets, call Peggy Welshons 507.457.5661 to get them configured:
- Pages Saved as Draft - This widget lists all the pages in your site that are waiting to be submitted to workflow.
- Pages Waiting for Release - This widget lists all the pages in your site that are waiting to be released for publishing.
- My Recently Modified Pages - List of pages you recently worked on.
- My Recently Created Pages - Pages you created.
Using the Shortcut Menu to Submit to Workflow and Release Pages
In the Pages Saved as Draft widget, right-click (PC users) or control-click (Mac users) on the name of a page and a shortcut menu will appear. From this menu, you can submit the page to workflow and even open it for editing in the SmartEdit tab. Shortcut menus differ depending on where the page is when you open a Shortcut menu. The Shortcut menu for the Pages Waiting for Release widget includes a Release choice.
In the Pages Waiting for Release widget, right-click (PC users) or control-click (Mac users) on the name of a page and a shortcut menu will appear. From this menu, you can Release a page. Note: to see the pages in this widget, you may have to refresh your webpage.
- You must refresh your homepage when you submit pages to workflow in order to see them appear in the Pages Waiting for Release widget
- Releasing a page does not mean it's published. It just means it's ready to be published. See Publishing Pages to learn how to publish a page.