The Tasks tab in OpenText lists pages and page components that are waiting to be submitted to workflow and waiting to be released. The primary benefit of the Tasks tab is that the same command can be applied to multiple items at once, saving you time.
The navigation tree on the left side of the Tasks tab window allows you to select and view all of the items waiting to be submitted to workflow and all of the items waiting to be released. The number (#) in parentheses indicates how many items are in the list:
- Select the English(#) link under the Pages Saved as Draft heading to view all the items waiting to be submitted to workflow
- Select the English (#) link under the Pages Waiting for Release heading to view all the items waiting to be released
- Right-click (PC users) or control-click (Mac users) any item on the list to bring up the shortcut menu and submit an items to workflow or release an item.
Selecting Multiple Items
When viewing a list of multiple items on the Tasks tab, you can select more than one item by clicking the checkbox to the left of the item ID on the list (Figure 1). A check mark will appear in the checkbox. Now, if you right-click (PC users) or control-click (Mac users) on the name of an item and select either Submit to Workflow or Release, this command will be applied to all of the checked items.
- Although the same lists are displayed on the Homepage tab, you cannot select multiple items. You can only do this in the Tasks tab.
- You can expand and collapse headings on the navigation tree by clicking the the "+" and "-" icons to the left of the heading, respectively.