Opening Office Documents from Network Drives (Mac)
Opening Office documents from your network drives on your Mac
If you get the following error trying to open a document on your Mac from the network (personal or shared network drives), follow the steps below so you can access your documents:
1. Disconnect all network drives on your desktop. (Steve had this: You need to unmount the network share from the desktop.)
2. Reconnect to the network share by selecting GO > Connect to Server.
3. Enter the following server address in the field provided: smb://files.winona.edu/users. Note: Do Not enter your username after the /users.
4. Select Connect
5. Select the folder with your username
6. You will now be able to double click on documents on the network to open them.