From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
Exchange Unified Messaging System (UMS)
You can receive e-mail, voice, and fax messages in your inbox along with Voice Mail Preview which delivers a transcription of voice mail messages to your inbox.
Change your mail settings and specifically your Voice Mail Greeting
Use Outlook on the web (O365).
- Select the gear icon at the top right (1)
- Select Mail (2)
- The Options navigation bar on the left will open. Here you will find all the features you can configure. Go to Greetings (3)
- Record your voice mail greeting by selecting the link.
Unified Messaging Features
- You can access Exchange information from mobile phones.
- Play on phone feature lets you play voice messages on a telephone.
- You can listen to voice mail from the embedded Windows Media Player on your computer.
- Call answering incoming calls when you are not available, playing one of your personal greetings, recording messages, and sending voice mail messages to your inbox as and e-mail message.
- Call Answering Rules allows you to decide how incoming calls are answered. By default, no call answering rules are configured. Call answering rules a caller can run:
- Leave a voice message
- Transfer to an alternate contact
- Transfer to the alternate contact's voice mail
- Voice Mail Preview uses speech recognition on newly created voice mail messages. When you receive voice messages in your inbox, the messages contain both a recording and text that's been created from the voice recording.
- Missed all and voice mail notifications using SMS text messages can be configured to your mobile phone number and configure call forwarding. You will receive notification about missed calls and new voice messages on your mobile phone in a text message.
- Outlook Voice Access is used to access your Exchange mailbox. You can do the following:
- Access voice mail
- Listen to, forward, or reply to e-mail messages
- Listen to calendar information
- Access or dial contacts who are stored in the Global Address List or a group in your Contacts
- Accept or cancel meeting requests
- Set a voice mail message to let callers know you are not available
- Group addressing allows you to send e-mail and voice messages to users in a group stored in your personal Contacts.