Post official course grades online
Post official course grades online in the Minnesota State student record system at the end of an academic term. Enter your official grades manually or transfer them from your Brightspace grade book. Brightspace grades are not official and must be transferred to the official student record system.
D2L Brightspace grades vs. official grades
Many instructors use the Grades tool in Brightspace to provide their students with feedback and maintain their grade book. At the end of the semester, some instructors post their final grades in the Brightspace grade book for students to see. The final grades displayed in the Brightspace grade book are not official class grades. Instructors still need to enter their official grades into the Minnesota State Integrated Statewide Record System (ISRS) at the end of the term. They do this outside Brightspace via the Minnesota State Faculty eServices website. If the final grades are formatted in Brightspace properly, instructors can import them into the Faculty eServices site.
How to access the Minnesota State Faculty eServices website
- From the WSU homepage, select the Faculty & Staff tab. Select the proper campus (Winona or Rochester) and enter your StarID username (e.g., jd8762vd) and password on the next screen.
- Select the eSERVICES tab from the purple banner just below the WSU logo and select the Class Management menu item. (Note: There is also an eServices in the vertical navigation on the left side of the window. Do not click this one. It will eventually get you to the class management, but it is a much more complicated journey.)
- When prompted, log in using your StarID username (e.g. jd8762vd) and password.
How to enter and post final grades
- From the left sidebar select, Faculty and then Grade & LDA Entry from the menu.
- Confirm that the correct semester is selected. This will list all of your courses for that semester.
- Select Enter Grades to view a list of your students. Enter their grades manually or import them from D2L.
- Select Post Final Grades to submit your grades. If you aren't finished, select Save Draft Grades to save your work. Select Import from D2L if you have your grades formatted properly in D2L and are ready to import them.
- After reviewing your grade entry for accuracy, enter your Password associated with your StarID.
- A Confirmation page will display. Students will be able to view their grade(s) immediately after the grades have been posted
More wiki articles
- Importing final grades from Brightspace into the Minnesota State Faculty eServices site
- Keep Teaching Manual