Preparing for the end of the semester
About this article
This article provides a checklist of technology-related tasks to help instructors prepare for the end of an academic term. It is intended for all instructors who use technology to facilitate teaching and learning. Depending on the tools you use, some of the checklist items may not apply. Items in this checklist include links to more information. If you need any additional help, please contact TLT (firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-457-5240 Option #3, Maxwell Hall 130).
Complete Brightspace wrap up tasks
If you used Brightspace to support any of your courses this term:
- Prepare final course grades for MnSCU import. If you used the Brightspace Grades Tool and want to import your final course grades from Brightspace to the MnSCU eServices site, rather than entering them manually, you must first convert them into an approved letter format.
- Release your final course grades. If you used the Brightspace Grades Tool and want your students to be able to see their final grades, you must release them. Remember, these are not official grades and you still need to submit those using the MnSCU eServices online form. The process for releasing final course grades in points-based and weighted Brightspace grade books are the same.
- Back up your courses. Now is a great time to create a backup copy of this semester's courses.
Complete Brightspace start up tasks
If you plan on using Brightspace next term and want to get a head start:
- Request course merges. If you want to combine any of your individual Brightspace courses scheduled for next term into one, larger course, you can now initiate these merges yourself.
- Copy course components from previous semesters. Save time by copying forward various D2L course components from previous courses.