Publish D2L Announcements in the Future
WSU instructors using Brightspace or those interested in using Brightspace in the future.
This page shows how to schedule an Announcement on your Brightspace course homepage for future posting. Announcements are an excellent way to communicate event-relevant information to the classes.
Publishing Announcements Immediately
- Open up the course you would like to add an Announcement.
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow next to Announcements in the Announcements widget on your Course Homepage and select New Announcement.
- Type your subject in the Headline box.
- Type message in Content section.
- Set the Start Date to the date and time at which the Announcement is to first be broadcast.
- If you want the Announcement automatically removed from the home page in the future, select the End Date checkbox and set the last date and time the News Item is to be broadcast.
- Add any attachments you wish to publish with the Announcement under Attachments.
- Select the Publish button at the bottom of the screen.
For a complete listing of Wiki topics, select from the category list below.