Regrading Quiz Questions
WSU instructors using Brightspace or those interested in using this instructional management system in the future.
This article describes how instructors can regrade D2L quiz questions to award points to an alternative answer(s) on a question. IMPORTANT: A common mistake is to change the quiz question. While this will fix the question for next time you give the quiz it will not fix the unique attempt already captured when your classes took your quiz. If you have any questions about regarding a quiz question please do not hesitate to call TLT Services for a quick refresher. It cannot be stressed how important it is to follow these steps carefully. Failure to do so will result in grading each student attempt individually.
Steps For Regrading D2L Quiz Qutestions
1. Login to Brightspace and select the Assessments menu and choose the Quizzes option.
2. A list of all quizzes will appear you should select the pull-down menu to the right of the quiz you wish to regrade and select the Grade option.
4. Choose the Questions tab and select Update All Attempts.
5. Select the question you would like to regrade.
6. Within this view, choose the grading type (Give to all attempts or Give to attempts with a specified answer point values) and points you wish to give for that answer. When regrading a multiple choice question with multiple correct answers or when adding partial credit to answers other than the original answer, instructors must go through this process multiple times. In other words, they must do this for every answer that results in any points, including the original correct answer.
7. Once you have saved these changes you will note the action within the Modifications Log.
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.