From WSU Technology Knowledge Base
About this article
This article includes an overview of the IBM SPSS statistical analysis package available to all students and employees. It is intended for the entire campus community.
Included in our license
- SPSS Statistics Standard which includes SPSS Statisics Base, SPSS Advanced Statistics, and SPSS Regression
- SPSS Modeler
- 2011 - $30,400
- 2012 - $32,800
- 2013 - $34,768
- 2014 - $36,506
- August 1
- SPSS is available for installation on both Macs and PCs.
- Here are some troubleshooting steps to follow if your WSU Windows laptop doesn't see SPSS available to install:
- Plug your computer into a network jack with your network cable. You can find network jacks in many of your classroom tables, or in the library at the study tables. (If you don’t have your cable with you Tech Support has cables, just go there to get help.)
- Right click on the start button and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- A black box will open. In the box type in: gpupdate /force (make sure that there is a space before the /)
- Hit Enter. The box will flash some text after a minute or two.
- Go back to the control panel > Get Programs and the list of software should appear for you including SPSS.
- If you still don’t see the software leave your computer plugged into the network and restart it.
- Try the Get Programs again, hopefully this has resolved your issue.
- If this doesn’t work please work with Tech Support in Somsen 207. They will be able resolve your issue.