Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 AirWatch Installation
|This article is part of the
WSU Tablet Series
This is the second set of instructions to setting up a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, specific to setting up AirWatch, this is why the instructions start with number 26.
The first set of instructions is Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 First Time Setup.
- 26.)Read the pop-up message and then select the check box and press “OK”. Then select the “Play Store”.
- 27.)Select the magnifying glass in the top right corner, make sure the check box for “Turn on personalized data” is selected and press OK, and type in “airwatch” into the search bar.
- 28.)Select AirWatch MDM Agent.
- 29.)Install the app.
- 30.)Press “Accept” and download the app.
- 31.)Press the back button on the bottom right of your device and install AirWatch Samsung Service the same way you installed AirWatch MDM Agent in steps.
- 32.)When you’ve finished installing the 2 apps, press the home button on the bottom center of your device and open AirWatch Agent.
- 33.)Choose "Email Address" for your authentication method.
- 34.)Enter in your WSU email address, then press "Continue".
- 35.)Select "WSU Device" for your group and then press "Continue".
- 36.)Enter in your StarID and password. Press "Continue".
- 37.)Read the Student Mobile Devices Agreement and then select “Accept” to agree to the contract and continue on.
- 38.)Please wait while we retrieve settings.
- 39.)Press "Get Started" to begin entering in security information.
- 40.)AirWatch will explain the permissions it wants to ask for from your device, press "Continue" to move on.
- 41.)Choose "Activate" to activate AirWatch as a device administrator.
- 42.)Choose "Activate" to activate AirWatch Samsung Service as a device administrator.
- 43.)Press "Device Settings" to create your device password.
- 44.)Choose "PIN" from the screen unlock settings.
- 45.)Enter in a four digit pin that you will remember.
- 46.)Confirm your pin.
- 47.)Press "Continue" to begin setting up your WSU email.
- 48.)Press "Continue" to set up your WSU email.
- 49.)Enter in your WSU password, then confirm the password and press "OK" to continue.
- 50.)Press "Exit" to exit the wizard.
- 51.)You should see this screen. Your device is now setup. To learn how to download WSU Apps from the special WSU Apps icon on your home screen click here.